Thursday, September 25, 2008

DevExpress releases beta for controls supporting D2009

Well, I just got that email that I was waiting for. DevExpress has its first (beta) release out supporting D2009. I now have placed my order for D2009. I hope everything works out as smooth as you read out elsewhere. And it looks like I can finally get my feet wet with regards to the anonymous methods, so I will know better what I’m talking and complaining about.

When I’ve set everything up I will definitely publish my experiences…

Bye,

Bart

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's my last barrier gone too. Time to dig out the SA email from the other week and start downloading D2009.

Yesterday it was ReportBuilder announcing D2009 compatibility, today it's DevExpress. Full house for me. :-)

Anonymous said...

Check out page 25 and 26 of the Delphi 2009 Development Essentials PDF file for a useful example (I cannot post it here since the generic type characters are not accepted by the blog engine).

Oliver said...

ReportBuilder being ready for 2009 is good (though I always find it rather painful that their upgrade is even more expensive than the actual Delphi upgrade). Now I only need Add-in Express to catch up too and I can also play with you guys again... ;)

@bob: posting generics code on blogger works when you substitute the opening angled bracket with &lt; (tried it today on Roland's blog about TList<TPerson>).