Friday, April 18, 2008

Astraware Platypus reviewed

I was planning to take my time for this review. For once, I would sit down and make a proper evaluation. After all, when you have a ton of work to do, who can afford to play games? Our Office Wii is locked up, our lunch time has been reduced to half, all because of our work load.

So, how come I found time to evaluate Astraware's Platypus? Simple: I couldn't put it down. It's addictive. It's old fashioned in a world with interactive super controllers, tilting phones and jumping up and down in front of a television set. But, that's good! I love the retro feel of the game. It's shoot-em-up old style, and it's completely destroying my work day.

The game is very responsive, you really get an arcade type feeling looking at your business phone. The colors and graphics are nice and it's very playable. Nice things like automatic suspension when an email arrives made me smile. It's a jewel of a game and one that is worth it's money.

Maybe I will update this review a bit later to tell you what things you can find in the city of Collosatropolis. But to do that, I will have to end here and get back to it (now, would that be the game or my work...).

10 out of 10 for this one!

Bye,
Bart

No comments: