Saturday, April 05, 2008

Investements in hardware - continued...

In one of my postings I wrote about investing in hardware. Sometimes this involves a lot of money (computers, beamers, et cetera). Sometimes the investment is small but the gain is large.

Last week we bought a couple of pcmcia Gigabit network cards for our portables. For EUR 25 per card our networks speed increased 10 times! Now, that's value for money :-)

We are currently looking at a new fibernetwork that is being rolled out in our neighbourhood. For a mere 350 euro / month we would get a 1Gb network connection.... That would mean 100x our current upload speed... I canb hardly wait; working at home using a remote connection would be so much more comfortable...

Bye,
Bart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you live... I'm spending a lot of more money for a T1 fiber connection... I really want to cry.. :(

Bart Roozendaal said...

I live in Amersfoort, in the Netherlands. The government is sponsoring these connections. There was one catch though: the internet provider starts at 10Mb for a small price, but higher speeds are more expensive. It's still a bargain tough...